Thursday, April 17, 2008

April Showers



Somehow it's already Friday, April 18th tomorrow. (??!!) I don't know where time is going, but sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind. I look at the calendar, and my brain always looks at two prior; yet I still think, "Whoa! Look at the date!".
At least we can all be happy and relieved that it is officially spring. We had a couple of days this week that actually felt "spring-like", and Mark and I took the pups on a super long walk. We also took them to a baseball field. Since it was all fenced in, it was the first time we could take them off of their leash outside. We died laughing watching Izzy run as fast as she possibly could around the field doing circuits. She's pretty amazing to watch; she's a little six-pound peanut, yet she just flies by. Zack tried, but his legs are just too darn short. I have to wonder what God was thinking when he designed the dachshund. I mean, we need to build a wheelchair ramp for him to get on the couch! That can't be right. Every time Izzy ran by Zack, she'd do her play/attack which means he ends up on his back, and they both growl at each other. She always picked the muddy spots to do this, so they needed major baths when they got home. And, so did the cute little sweaters I had on them. (I know, that was smart!)
I'm feeling bad that we have to get their boy and girl surgeries next month. It seems so cruel, especially when I look at our little guy. His poor little parts! My sister, Gina, is having surgery the same week (not for the same thing -- ha!), so I am taking off a few days from work to play nurse for all three of them.
This weekend we're heading up north to visit the fam again. It's getting to be a bit much driving (and gas money), but it is my beloved Grandma and Grandpa Lund's 50TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! That calls for a celebration that can't be missed! She has told me a few of their marriage secrets, which pretty much revolve around true commitment.
Happy almost weekend!