Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I have A.D.D today...

Since things are kind of discombobulated in my life right now, this blog is going to be the same. Totally random tidbits of life here...

I accepted that job I mentioned last time. I shocked myself with how tough it was for me to make the decision. I've worked at the same company since I moved to Minneapolis, so it's really all I've known. They've definitely been good to me. After a lot of thought I felt I'd regret it if I didn't take the plunge with this new one. It has a lot of perks, so Mark is especially happy about that.

I've been exceptionally busy at work trying to get things ready for when I leave. I also needed to get a new car if I took the job. (I needed a 4-door.) So, we got a car last week. I'm fond of low maintenance, good gas mileage vehicles. Nothing too exciting. Hondas have been good to me, so I got a new Civic Ex. I'm happy with it. Although I saw a Toyota Prius on 494 which made me think I should've gone that route instead. (The plate says, "51 mpg".)...

My BFF, Melissa, is due to have her baby in a couple of weeks. She is the cutest pregnant gal that has ever lived. I threw her a shower and went totally overboard. It was a force bigger than me, and I just wanted to spoil little Dylan (that's going to be his name) and Missy rotten. I nominate myself for the best shower gift: a bottle of wine named, "Mommy's Time Out".
Other than that, our free time is spent with friends. We spend a lot of time with our new, fun neighbor friends lately. It's great because they all have dogs, so our pups are getting plenty of socialization. It does feel a little like we live in a doggy daycare though.



Zack and his boyfriend...

We ended up going to Ottertail Lake for the 4th. Long drive. Zack sleeps around my neck like a little neck rest, so at least someone was comfy. We didn't really do anything too exciting though. It seems like the bigger the group, the harder it is to coordinate things. Everyone wants to do something different all of the time, so pretty soon we all just end up slightly annoyed. The most exciting thing was watching Mark set off fireworks, because he clearly didn't really know what he was doing. A lot ended up blowing up in the lake, and others came flying up at us in our lawn chairs at the speed of light.

Showing our "Liberty Oxygen" pride... (long story)
Does anyone else have a garage fridge this cool?...
Mark is sending a SHOUT OUT to his brother from Chaska!

For iTunes users... my favorite new song of the week is "Hometown Glory" by Adele.

Okay, A.D.D. blog complete. Whew!