Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Okay, I think I need help.....




...I have a group of neighbor gals that run together at 6am. They call themselves the "Clover Ridge Wives Club". They have asked me over and over if I was going to join them in their morning jog. I kept finding excuses. And more excuses. Nothing about that sounds like fun to me... I am not a morning person. And I'm definitely not an athlete or any sort of runner. Generally speaking, I'm just lazy when it comes to physical fitness. BUT, I woke up yesterday morning 10 minutes before they were heading out for their lovely run. (Actually, the dogs woke me up...) So, I figured I didn't have any great excuses to skip out yet again, and I might as well suck it up and try it.

So, I strapped Izzy in to her little harness and shocked everyone with my presence. (Izzy has to be put in an Easy Walk harness, otherwise she thinks she's a husky and strangles herself.) Well, I ended up running over 2 miles, which I credit to Rambo, because he pretty much pulled me along. He's all muscle. (No wonder Zack thinks he's hot!)

The reason I think I need help is because Izzy is a 9 pound dog, and she kept up with the 90 pounders. She MORE than kept up. She was leading the pack. She has so much energy, I don't even know what to do with her. I actually think the neighbors are starting to recognize this and worry about us. This morning, I skipped out on the running fun, and they stopped by to pick her up. This time, they brought the neighborly greyhound, Ray. Ray is a retired racer.
Well, afterwards the gals told Mark that Izzy was the only one that wasn't panting after their 3 mile run. ???!! And then she comes in to the house and starts terrorizing little Zack. Seriously, she chases him and nips at his legs when he runs away. And constantly waits "around the corner" for him, so when he finally strolls by she can attack! No wonder he won't come when I call him!

Iz has so much energy that she can't resist being naughty. She's obsessed with licking and jumping up full-speed in to faces. (It hurts!) And, even though she knows there's places that are off limits (like the kitty litter box room), there she goes... ears and tails down, slinking army crawl style through the room.


Can someone get me the "Dog Whisperer" please??!