A few weekends back, I went back to the Alexandria area to see my aunt Mar and hang with Gina and Gabe. We stayed at Arrowwood resort which was really nice. The weekend after that Mark's family came to visit. It was the first time any of them had seen our place, and it was nice to have some visitors.

I had my last day at my job in Woodbury on the 24th, and that was a really hard day. I was so touched how sweet everyone was and how they went overboard with a going-away-party. They gave thoughtful cards and gifts, sang songs, wrote poems, and shared tears. And I had to say goodbye to my favorite little resident, Roy. Wow, was that ever hard! I seriously wondered if I'd made the right decision in leaving.
We went camping the weekend that followed, and it's safe to say that was our worst canoe trip so far. It rained (actually stormed!) right when we got on the river, so we ended up pulling our canoes to shore to avoid getting struck by lightning. We all stood there soaking wet, freezing waiting for the hail to stop. I now know how people get hypothermia in the summer. When it quit raining we bailed water out of our newly stocked canoes and surveyed the damage. Everything was wet: sleeping bags, clothes, pillows, toilet paper, EVERYTHING. Pretty miserable. It put a damper (pun intended) on the rest of the weekend.
But, the sun did shine afterwards, so at least we could warm up. And we strategically laid out key items to dry as we spent our days on the river.

I started my new job on the 28th. I'm still spending my days in orientation. It's good info, but it's hard to sit from 8am-5pm for two weeks.
Also, Melissa had her baby on Monday! She had a little boy named Dylan Joshua, and he was 7 lbs 5 oz. I met him in the hospital, but I'll get to see him again tomorrow. (Yayyy!)
My sister, Gina, has Izzy right now. We're trying to focus a little more on Zack and his potty training problems. It's to the point where we're starting to realize how much he is ruining our house (carpets, etc), and he should be getting this by now. How long do you keep trying to train a dog, and when do you say "enough is enough!"? We keep getting different opinions on that, but we have no idea what the "right" thing to do is. He's the cutest little guy, but he also purposely waits until he's on carpet to potty. (It doesn't matter if we just took him for a walk for 40 minutes.) I keep telling myself, "Patience is a virtue, Kelly!". And try to forget we have a new house.
This weekend Gina and Adam and his friends are coming to stay. Mark and I are going to Valley Fair with the neighbors on Saturday. And it's already our 1st wedding anniversary on Monday. My how time flies!
