We saw some of the sites that Mark and I don't usually make time for, even though we live here... Mall of America, Twins game, Valley Fair, etc. It was busy, but very fun. It was so nice to have some quality bonding time. Whenever I go back up north to visit, I usually end up making the rounds. So, I never get to visit enough with any one particular person.
My Dad became a bit love-struck when he got to know little Zack. He is such a great dog (other than his potty training problems). I think it started as a joke that they were going to take him home to live with them, and pretty soon it became reality. Mark isn't a fan of having dogs. He doesn't like being tied down, and he didn't realize how much work they really are. Pretty much everyone we've talked to about it agrees that we're too busy to have dogs. It's basically me against the world on that. So, we've talked about finding them good homes.
I cried all night on Sunday after Zack left. Even though he went to my Dad's it was really, really hard. He's my little guy. I think I grew even more attached to him the last couple of months. He's such a helpless, sweet little fella. Every night when I got home from work he snuggled into my neck and gave me a hug. And every night he slept on my feet and kept them warm. I really miss the little guy.
What else is new? Well, I cut my hair short! 8 inches shorter in fact. Quite a change, but I think I like it. It's easy to do, so that's good.
I got the cut on our 1 year anniversary, and I didn't tell Mark I was doing that. So, when we met up for our hot date, he was surprised. I told him he could pretend he was cheating on me with a short-haired chick. (I'm hilarious aren't I?!) ;)
Mark's getting home from Quebec tomorrow. He's there for work. And a couple of my cousins are staying here for the night. That should be fun! Another busy weekend awaits!
P.S. Pray for my Grandma C! She has a shoulder injury (FRACTURE), and she just got home from the hospital. Praying for a painless, speedy recovery.
