Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Robots and Babies - OH MY!

Mark and I got a maid! Her name is "Roomba". She's a robot. She loves long walks on the beach and cleaning our floors. She just goes along her merry way cleaning up every little thing she can without complaining. It's the best gift I've bought for myself in a long, long time. (I highly recommend her for anyone that would gladly pay for some extra time!)
Melissa and Dylan came over this past weekend, so I finally have some pictures to share of the little guy. He's 8 weeks old already! He was born the morning I started my new job, so that's been helpful for me to gauge time. Melissa is a natural mommy! And she sure got lucky with a good little baby the first time around! I've been getting asked all of the time when Mark and I are going to start thinking about reproducing. Hmmm... not sure, but not right now. We're still pretty career-focused. So, when I saw this onesy I thought it was perfect!... It's our very first item we have for our first-born.
For now, here's our baby.
I got a card in the mail today that I had to share. I am so lucky to do what I do every day! I don't deserve the credit for this happy ending, but this family was very satisfied. A son of one of my previous residents wrote a note about his Dad. He'd moved from a concerning situation at his home to assisted living. He ended up dating another new resident there, and now they're happily enjoying love in their 80's! Too cute!