Saturday afternoon I went on a road trip with my pal, Judy, to Fertile, MN. I don't know how many miles that is, but it took 4 1/2 hours to get there, and I sped like a mo-fo. The reason for the road trip to the middle of nowhere?... Hannah's bachelorette party of course! We spent the time at the local American Legion dancing the night away. Good times!
On the way home, we stopped at my Dad's place to see Zack. I figured it may help me feel better about him being gone if I saw him and knew that he was okay. And happy. And, he was! Gina brought her new little puppy, Winnie. She looks a lot like Izzy, because she's a rat terrier. (Izzy is a chihuahua/rat terrier mix.) Izzy's much skinner though... probably because she's anorexic. (She doesn't eat her dog food; she's more of a scavenger, and she enjoys looking for crap on the floor to eat.)
We also stopped to see my Grandma Colleen on the way back. She was in good spirits and said she wasn't in much pain. Her surgery was today, and I guess they had to put some plates in there. She'll be in the hospital until Sunday, and then she'll have to go through therapies I'm sure. Yuck. Poor Grams.
Other than that, things are just the usual busy, busy. I'm liking my new job a lot, but my position is part of a new program without lot of structure in place yet. Definitely challenging. It's my first weekend home and without company in a long time this weekend. Mark will be gone for a friend's bachelor party. I am trying not to visualize the festivities on their houseboat on Lake Minnetonka. He keeps telling me not to worry, because they're not the Vikings. I let him know I'd put the smack down if that were the case. ;) He's heading back to Quebec again next week for work. I'll be a lonely wife!
Gotta run! Plenty to do. We're having a little neighborly get-together right now with the football game. Rambo is helping me type this up. Good night!
