Thursday, July 16, 2009

Melissa

It was a big day Tuesday.. Missy opened her eyes and looked at me while she was still in the coma, and she came to earlier than expected. They took out her tube Tuesday night and she was talking to us. Recognized everyone in the room and even asked if I was still on call (for work) and where Mark was. All great signs! She still has some short term memory loss, but they say some initial amnesia is normal. They kept her in the ICU yesterday; they wanted to make sure her electrolytes were back in the normal range, etc.

Her husband talked with the Doctor this morning, and they're planning to move her to the step-down ICU. All good news!

Thanks for the notes and prayers! It has been amazing to see her come out of this the way she has. I am still in shock! I'm so glad to have my friend back!