Thursday, July 26, 2007

Best Weekend of the Summer... (besides our upcoming wedding!)






Things have been so busy for us lately, I just haven't had the energy to keep up on my emailing, blog, etc. Every night after work I try to catch up on the house and get wedding stuff done. I've had trouble sleeping due to long To-Do lists running through my head...
...so thank goodness for extremely fun weekends!

Last weekend my pal, Melissa, and I celebrated our joint bachelorette bashes at Cross Lake with a group of gals. I think we counted about eighteen that made it out. We arrived Friday, and ladies trickled in throughout the evening. That night we went out to a club to do some cocktailin' and dancin'.
Saturday morning I realized that my camera was no where to be found. I searched high and low and still, no camera. Shoot! My gals and I were laying out on the beautiful beach, and by 10am the other ladies wanted to head out. Reluctantly, we packed up our beach towels and hopped in the car.
We followed the other cars and winded in and out very rough roads. They were so bad that we worried we'd get stuck. I was thinking, "hmmm... this is how every horror movie starts". We arrived at another cabin where a group of guys were hanging out. Apparently, one of the girls in our group had met them the night before, and they had pontoons, boats, etc... things we did not have. My friends and I naturally assumed that they would be a bunch of obnoxious guys that would hit on us all day... not exactly my idea of how we wanted to spend the weekend. But, it didn't take long for us to realize we were having a great time, and the guys were there for the same reasons we were... to have FUN! We took a couple pontoons out to the sand bar and enjoyed the sun and friends. I'm pretty sure I spent most of the day laughing.
The fun turned to the evening as more friends made their way out. I think Hannah took about a million pictures of me dancing and being ridiculous. I was a limbo-ing machine apparently. We had left in such a rush that morning, and before we knew it was dark out. One of my friends (who shall remain nameless) said, "geez, if I would've known we'd be around a bunch of guys and taking pictures all day, I might've shaved my pits!" (Oh how true!)
This weekend Mark and I are heading out for our second annual canoe trip on the St. Croix with three other couples. It's funny how guys get so into this stuff. They've been planning for this like I've been planning our wedding. It's actually quite amusing how detailed and coordinated they can be when they want.
I'd better run. I still have to pack. Have a great weekend!

P.S. We stopped at that club on the way home Sunday, and they had my camera. Wow, am I lucky!

Oh, and by the way... WE HAVE 14 DAYS TIL OUR WEDDING!!!!!!!!!! :)