Thursday, July 12, 2007

Stress, but Not......

Well, our wedding is officially less than a month away and...
1. We ordered our passports in March and still haven't received them.
2. The building I'm opening's first residents moved in this week, and it involves long hours.
3. We've had every weekend booked for weeks, and we're out-of-town every weekend until our big day.
...And, despite everything that's going on, I am surprisingly calm. I am getting so excited to marry Mark, I don't even care about the other worries at this point. The day will end the same whether I fall in the cute little cupcakes or not. Or if the decorations fall off the chairs/tables/alter or if I trip down the aisle. I truly feel at ease and know that we both know it take mega work, but the bliss makes up for the hard times. Love love love! Bless all of you that feel my heart on that!...
...Okay, whether you're teary-eyed, or gagging, I swear I do have other things to share...
Next weekend I have my double-bachelorette with Melissa. It's been so wonderful to have my two best friends going through this whole engagement/marriage experience with me. We can relate to each other on a completely different level. I admit, I could care less about "wedding talk" before we got engaged... kind of like how people say no one can truly understand "baby/kid talk" until you've had a child. I get that I'll probably be babbling on about that diapers and baby clothes one day, but right now it's a little foreign even though I have plenty of nephews and LOVE kids. When Mark and I talk about a time-frame for having kids, he always says, "we'll know when the time is right". ...another thing I love him for, because he knows how to make me chillax about things.
The weekend following the bachelorettes will be our 2nd annual canoeing trip. I'm not much of an outdoorswoman, but we had a great time last year so I'm looking forward to it. Sometimes a person just needs to get away even if it's not a trip to the Caribbean.
Hope you're all enjoying the wonderful weather and beauty of summer! Can't wait to see you.
Take care.