Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Happy and Back to the Grind....

















Only a FEW things have changed with me since last time I've written *wink wink*. Since then I've...
Had our second annual canoe trip,
Gotten married,
Honeymooned in Jamaica,
Gotten stuck in Jamaica an extra five days due to Hurricane Dean,
Lost our luggage for four days,
Arrived home to a flooded (disgusting) apartment at 3am,
Changed my name,
Gotten a joint checking account,
Changed my passport, driver's license, and credit cards,
Started house searching with Mark,
Puppysat for an 8 week old (unpotty-trained) adorable husky,
Began work and real life again,
Etc.

It has been a wild ride and a wonderful new beginning. When I think about our wedding, I am so happy. Things went off without a hitch all day, and we had an amazing photographer that captured the beauty of each moment. I couldn't ask for more. I held it together for the most part. The only person that really had me lose control of my emotions was my sweet Grandpa Jim. I didn't do the whole "hand out roses during the ceremony" thing, because I had a feeling I'd cry when I hugged him. I was right. The moment I hugged him before pictures I was bawling, and I'm pretty sure all of the pictures afterwards showed it. I had a pink nose and sappy eyes. I still get teary-eyed whenever I think of that moment. I'm just so happy he was there.
My two BFF's got engaged the same day months back; Heidi got married a couple months ago, and in two weeks Melissa takes the plunge as well. (I need to start planning my Maid-of-Honor speech.) What a busy, incredible summer!
I plan to be better at keeping up with this whole blog thing. Sometimes when you get so behind on everything, it's hard to know where to begin. Here's a start...