Sunday, November 18, 2007

BOOYAH!

Wheow! I am sooooooo glad that the day is over! I had my big "Grand Opening" today at work, and I have to say it was a success! My friends, Heidi and Melissa, volunteered as well as my mom, sister, and brother (Gina and Josh). My mom and Josh helped with cookie decorating, Heidi painted little kids' faces, and Melissa played a "Lifesaver" game. There were violinists, caricature artists, massage therapists, a men's quartet, etc. It was such a heart-warming feeling to facilitate such a cool event for all generations and see it actually play out the way I'd imagined. And, to see family and friends there was the icing on the already fabulous cake. I am truly astounded at how much you can accomplish if you set your mind to it... cliche, but true! When I think of this summer/fall and the fact that I just planned a wedding and ended with a ridiculous honeymoon, had eight friends' weddings, opened a new building, and then planned a Grand Opening for 1,000 people I'm shocked I survived. (...So that's probably why I started this blog with, "WHEOW!")
Mark went back to Fargo this weekend and stayed at Rod's. His dad left today for Australia for six months or so. He's from Perth, Austrailia, so most of his family still lives there. I'm looking forward to simpler months ahead for Mark and I once we close on our house and move. It seems like simpler times thinking of winter and getting back to painting. Ahhh,.. sounds nice. (...I can't belive I'm looking forward to winter!)
It's odd to think that tomorrow is Monday, and I'd really like to just sleep for a week... but hey! I'm a happy gal.