
Saturday Morning Ventilation: Why is that I still wake up early on the weekends? I think I psych myself out, because most of the time I'm up even earlier than I'd be on week days. Not cool!
_______________________________________________________
This was kind of a weird week. I took a day off work, which is something I rarely do. Other than the wedding/honeymoon, I can't remember the last time I took a day off. My aunt, Mar, came to town, and we ended up eating at 'Sunsets' on Lake Minnetonka and picking out paint colors for the house. And, of course we had to stay up past 2am visiting. The following day (Thursday) I had to be at my company's annual management retreat at 7:30am in Arden Hills (which is a long ways from Eden Prairie), and boy was I ever tired! I grabbed anything I could that I associated with caffeine or energy. By the afternoon I'd gotten my first wind of the day. There's no perfect company, and mine is no different. But I left feeling rejuvenated by the fact that I am part of something that has a great vision, mission, and purpose. It's a non-profit and what we do is considered an extension of the ministry. It's cool to see that in action as the CEO spoke about future plans for growth and went back to Bible verses and prayer.
I'm going on a little adventure with my friend, Trish, tonight. We're going to the Mall of America to take the light rail downtown. Then we're going to my favorite restaurant, The Newsroom, for my favorite drink, the Black & White.
Other than that, we're working on packing. Snickers likes having all the boxes around, so she can lay inside them. Typical cat-style. Have a great weekend!
