Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ah,... Lazy Sunday!


I've had a very nice weekend so far. Friday night I laid low with my pal, Melissa. She's my first close friend to get pregnant, so it's very exciting. She's very open about all the changes going on in her body, so I hope to learn a lot about what it's really like for when the time comes that Mark and I ready to have kiddos.

Yesterday, I got up bright and early to meet my friend, Hannah, and her mom to wedding dress shop. We drove to Rochester, because they didn't carry the couture line that she liked in Minneapolis. I basically lived all of my wedding dress fantasies through Hannah, because her mom did not set a budget. This was a nice experience for me, because I didn't even look at that stuff when Mark and I got engaged. I knew that if I did, everything in my price-range would look like dog poo next to it. I found that was a very smart decision on my part, because I'm pretty sure I would've done whatever it took to get a dress like that if I would've tried them on... I probably would've sold my car or something. The dress she ended up picking was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Last night I went with Mark to his work Christmas party at a country club in Maple Grove. It was a lot like a wedding reception, because it started with cocktail hour and ended with dinner and speeches. He has a pretty close group that like to joke around. They all laugh "with" Mark a lot, because he's kind of known for honesty which at times can be on the brutal side as he's not always p.c. In other words he speaks how people talk in real life which at times can be somewhat innapropriate for a work setting. Luckily, they all seem to love that about him, as do I.
Also, something unexpected for me last night was that three of Mark's co-workers come up to thank me for working where I do. They have parents that live in different PHS communities and raved about how happy they are there. I thought it was neat his co-workers were satisfied enough to remember that's where I work, and make an effort to come and talk to me about it. Pretty darn cool if you ask me!

Well, today is a lazy Sunday which means I putz around the house and do lazy work (like laundry). Mark bought his birthday present from me this morning. Apparently I wanted to get him "Guitar Hero 3" for Wii. I've never played it, but he's eager to have me try it; I'm sure this will be on my agenda today.

Have a great week!