Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's Definitely Not Warm Out!


I'm happy to have the weekend approaching. I've had long hours this week at work; yesterday was a 13 hour day, and that doesn't include the hours it takes me to drive to and from the office. Long days are a good sign though, because that means there's a lot of interest in my building. Assisted Livings take a long time to fill, and my "numbers" are looked at by the higher-ups every week... the company big dogs. Luckily I have a great site, so I don't have to kill myself to get leads. Other sites aren't so lucky and struggle. Numbers can make or break the budget, so if I don't have people moving in we're in the red. (No pressure!)

My sis, Gina-weena, is coming to town this weekend. She's hitching a ride with my mom who'll be here for work. Gina started college (YESSSS!), and she has an assignment in which she has to do something "cultural". She had me brainstorm ideas, and the possibilities I came up with are:
The Annual St. Paul Winter Festival (with lots of ice sculptures)
The Dueling Pianos at the Shout House
A Wine Tasting
The Chanhassen Dinner Theater
The Ice Bar at the Ice Chamber

..that's about all I came up with this time of year. And, some are a little questionable as far as "culture" goes, but hey!

It was 13 below this morning, but I heard that it's supposed to warm up this weekend... maybe even get to 40 degrees! Minnesotans are crazy though. Last Friday I went to Chino Latinos for Melissa's birthday, and it was so cold it burned. I was thinking that there was no way I'd leave the house if I didn't have unbreakable plans; I assumed it'd be pretty dead in Uptown, but NO! Not even close. There were people everywhere! It took us forever to figure out where to park, and it was an hour wait for our table even though we had reservations. There are always those girls who'll risk sacrificing their toes/arms/legs to frostbite, just to show that extra inch of skin. Ehh! It made me laugh, because GOSH I must be getting old... I'm pretty sure that was me back in the day if I'm really honest with myself. I know I wore some slinky open toe heels in the dead of winter.

Other than my adventure in Uptown, I didn't leave the house last weekend except to go to church. So, I painted. Mark bought me a huge canvas he had to haul home in his friends' pickup (it wouldn't fit in his car), and gave me a CD cover he wanted me to use as inspiration. I had no idea how hard it was to paint something that size.