Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Winter Fun!

I was expecting life to be a slower during the cold winter months, but so far it's been busy. It's been "fun busy". We've had a lot of company; we've had reasons to celebrate; we're still working on the house; I've been painting; etc.

A couple of weekends ago Gina came to stay. We had a good time talking about every little thing that came to our minds. Usually we realize at 3am that we've solved all of the world's problems. Mark and I took her out on the town on Saturday night, and she was a huge fan of the "Shout House" (dueling pianos).

My mom and her friend were also in town, so they were over a couple of times as well. It was quite amusing to watch my mom play the Wii, because she really got into it. Mark and I were both secretly thinking the same thing... "please don't let go of that thing in your hand, or it's going to go flying into the TV at 100mph!". I wanted to say, "You break it, you bought it Mamasita".

Mark was in Birmingham for a few days last week for work. I was happy to have him return home from the dirty south. After the stories he shared we me, we both agreed we'd never ask the other to move to Alabama. He arrived home on his birthday, and we went out for dinner and then laid low at home. We're old folks now. I had an out-of-body experience that night looking at us... I was in my glasses, hoody, and baggy sweats, and Mark was proudly sporting his shag-muffin hair and Bison gear... just two nerds in a pod holding down the couch and watching 'Family Guy'. (Happy birthday Mark!)

Saturday night though, we met a bunch of friends at P.F.Changs for dinner and then went out to Majors. It worked out nicely because the guys could play "Buck Hunter" and darts, and the gals could dance. :) Classy.



I was hired to do some art! ...That sounds weird to say, but it's pretty darn cool. The gal that hired me is a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend, and she's opening a doggy daycare in St. Louis Park. It's called "Pampered Pooch Playground". I've gotten one of the pieces done, and now she has me working on the next one. She has a good sense of humor, so it makes it fun for me.


This weekend Rod and Heidi Ho are coming to visit. This is a momentous occasion for Rod to visit us in Minneapolis, so he's expecting a full itinerary. Our mission is to entertain him enough so that he'll want to come back soon. He hasn't seen Snickers (who used to be his cat) for about four years now. She'll probably smell him and have a flash back and start hissing... (no offense Rod; she just didn't like Scribbles). Hopefully she'll just have her hissing fit and not lose control of her bladder like she's been known to do. (The last time this happened was when we moved.)

Anyway, I'd better run. I bought "yet another new light fixture" as Mark says, and now we have to perform a circus act to get it above the stairway. I think it's like 46 feet up. (Well, it feels like it anyway when Mark's up on a very high, wobbly ladder, and I'm hanging over the balcony handing him stuff and fretting.) Wish us luck!