Monday, June 16, 2008

Just call me "Kelly Glutton"



I had the laziest weekend I've had in... I can't even remember! Mark and I met up with my pal Trish and company for her birthday on Friday. We went to Chino Latinos in Uptown. If you haven't been there, it's too die for! Expensive but so worth it! (It's Rachael Ray's favorite place to eat too, so you know it's good!
Other than that we did (dramatic pause) absolutely nothing! We held down the couch and ate like idiots. It was so wrong, but so right! I felt guilty, but Mark did not. He drives me crazy sometimes with his ability to do nothing, but I suppose it's a good balance for me; it doesn't bother him to waste a Saturday/Sunday once in a while. I'm very different... I have a hard time even enjoying starting a painting if the house isn't clean. All I can think about is how I should be doing this or should be doing that.

In other news... a few weeks ago I was recruited by a local home care company, so I agreed to meet with their team to find out more about a position they had available. It ended up sounding pretty great. And the people and company are amazing. From there I spent a day shadowing, and now they've asked me to meet with them again tomorrow. I'm hoping that the time away from my site pays off and it works out. Even though I am happy with my current job, it's becoming unaffordable. My commute is 45 miles each way in stop-and-go traffic, and gas hit $4.09 last week. Um, I think not.

Our kids? Zack and Izzy are good! Izzy is still a smart little cookie, so she teaches Zack better manners and where he should go potty, etc. He usually chooses to ignore her and us, but he is very slowly improving. Our challenge with Izzy is her energy. We found out that Zack likes boys, so maybe we wouldn't have had to get him fixed after all. His boyfriend (Rambo) lives across the road. (Mark hates when I say that.)

I have a busy work-week ahead, so I'm bracing myself. It's scary when it's Monday, and you're already thinking about the upcoming weekend. This weekend I'm meeting a group of gals (donning our hottest high heels) for "Sex & the City" and cocktails. I can't think of a better way to spend an evening!