So, I have a lot on my plate... I've been studying to take my federal LNHA (Licensed Nursing Home Administrator) test. I started a new job this week. I'm planning a wedding. And, I'm still hoping to have a life. I need a stress reliever, and I'm hoping this whole "blog" thing will do the trick. Maybe if I get it out on the page it'll stick there instead of my mind. It's my "method for decompression".Not that I have a whole lot to complain about. I'm happily engaged to an amazing guy that treats me well and likes to cook for me. (Jealous??!) And I was recently offered a neat position from the corporation I've worked for the past year and a half. I started yesterday. I think I'll feel it out a bit longer before I form an opinion about the place. That sounds rational right? Weird! I definitely feel that I'm a free spirit, and I love the residents I work with. I enjoy working with seniors... talking with them and hearing their words of wisdom. And just being comforted by the reality that not everyone grows up, so I don't have to either. I have found that I have many kindred spirits in this world. This is something that enriches my life. Yet at the same time, working in an environment like I do sometimes, I feel, takes away my youth. My friends seem oblivious to the fact that they are going to get old. And here I am already worrying about aging and Medicare and how the heck I'm going to afford private home care.
Ah, breathe...
I just need to chillax and take each day as it comes. And, make sure I keep my silly. Thank God for my family and friends!
