Saturday, February 24, 2007

Where did our rug go?



This was a week of accomplishment for me at the workplace: I have officially begun working solo in my new position; I received my first deposit for the building being constructed; and, I faced one of my fears by giving two presentations for over 100 people. I am definitely feeling challenged, but overall I think I'm going to really like this new position. So there has to be some kind of catch, right?!...

My man, Mark, is a civil engineer who was layed off several months ago. He's getting up to the last couple months of his unemployment benefits, and there still isn't work in Minneapolis. Talk about a bad time of year to be job searching! (I say that as I watch more snow fall outside the window.) He's started to take his job search outside of Minnesota. As you can imagine, there are all kinds of opportunities for him if we move, and he has his first out-of-state interview this week in Wyoming. Gillette, Wyoming to be exact. There are also positions in Denver, Chicago, Arizona, and several on the East Coast. Truthfully, I'm not opposed to moving away for awhile; I just hope that I like the area and can find a good job again.

It's pretty incredible how you can have everything planned out, and life has a way of pulling the rug out from underneath you when you least expect. What do they say?... "life is what happens when you're busy making other plans". I'm trying not to worry about all the unknowns and just focus on my current job. It'll all work out eventually. I have faith!

I could really go for a cocktail though. :)