Thursday, March 22, 2007

Heck, yeah!

I have some new-ness to share this week. First, Mark pulled a "Britney" on Wednesday. As most know about him, from time to time he looks like he could pass for a homeless man... his hair gets moppy, and he can grow a full beard in matter of moments. I've been giving him crap about cutting his hair, since he's had a couple of interviews lately. Considering I was trained to cut hair, it seems a bit silly that he won't just sit and let me go to town. Since it wasn't his idea though, my idea wasn't considered a very good idea. Well, I came home on Wednesday, and his hair was britney'd. He pretty much shaved his head on a whim. (I'd attach a picture, but I don't have any yet.) Gosh, I love that crazy guy! :)
The second (and wonderful) news is that Mark was offered TWO jobs this week: one in Wyoming and the other in Plymouth (aka Minneapolis). So, WE WON'T HAVE TO MOVE! Hooray! :) He is so relieved and excited, and I am still letting it sink in. I have become such an expert over the years at 'denial'; when I know that someone is distressed I try to be the positive light on the subject. And then when things turn around for the better, it's almost as if it takes me a minute before I can soak in the relief and happiness of it all. First I have to belatedly let myself become upset about what happened in the first place. I don't know if that's a good or bad trait, but that's me. If I need counseling, let me know.
On another note, my super aunt, Mar, is moving to Greensboro, NC. I'm sad that she'll be moving away, but it's also a great place to visit. (Not like if we would've had to move to Gillette.) My pal Melissa is getting married the month after Mark and I, and Mar offered to have our bachelorette weekend at her place in July. It's a few hours from Myrtle Beach, so it'd be a fun, long weekend. What a great, and relatively cheap, excuse for girl time!
Ahhhh, I'm so glad to have good news this week. I'm happy that Mark and I have made it through the last six months of trials. It has to have all happened for a reason, and we're strong. It's all good!
We'll be heading to Farghole this weekend to finally pick up my birth certificate for my passport. Hopefully last weekend (the weekend of my Irish heritage) has sparked some luck.