Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Po-dunk!


I am having a nice yet lonesome evening of mindless multi-tasking; I'm watching American Idol, drinking a hot cup of chai tea, listening to the dishwasher run, petting my fat cat Snickers, and updating my blog. Mark is in Gillette. Good thing he left some leftovers in the fridge since I'm worthless when it comes to cooking. He texted me and said, "this town is po-dunk!". I'm guessing that's bad.

The rest of my week is looking brighter, because I have a lot of time scheduled with my lady pals. Tomorrow I have lunch and an after work wine date with Melissa, and Friday a lunch date with Karrie, whom I rarely get to see. And, Heidi Ho will be on her way through town this weekend! I don't know how I'd survive without the ladies in my life, and the occasional cocktail. Sometimes I wonder if I ever want to have kids, because I just enjoy my freedom so much. Mark and I have had some discussions about this. I've told him I refuse to be one of those women who can never get out and meet their friends after they have kids. Often times I'll go to friends' homes who have little ones, because they can't seem to get away. And, when I arrive I find that their boyfriend/spouse is home doing who knows what. I mean, come on! Where's the 50/50?

I'm trying to actually make a point to (dramatic pause) work out. I'm starting slow. My mom gave me a hula hoop that has a four pound weight in it. It's meant to tone the abs, so I'm giving it a whirl (pun intended). My mom would be so proud!