Saturday, March 31, 2007

My little incontinent princess...



I'm a bit traumatized right now. I did some spring cleaning today, and decided to give my fat cat, Snickers, a bath. I do this every few months to get rid of the cat dander that causes allergies. It also makes her coat silky smooth. (I use my Nioxin shampoo on her and everything.) Well, today poor Snickers was particularly scared. She usually does these loud, pathetic sounding meows, so that wasn't unusual. But afterwards when I was drying her off, she was shivering like crazy. She seemed extraordinarily anxious. All of the sudden I realized she was peeing on the floor! (Thank goodness it was linoleum!)
I've only seen her do this one other time, and it was a year ago when Mark's friends were teasing her for hours. She wouldn't move and I realized she had lost control of her bladder. She was so embarrassed she wouldn't move! My poor little girl.
Anyway, I don't know if this is because she's getting old (she's eleven) or if she's sick or what. This sounds like a funny story (and it is), but when you actually see your pet pee themselves it's very upsetting! If anyone has had experience with this, let me know.