I feel like a need a weekend to rest up from my weekend. Mark and I went up to Fergus Falls mainly for my sister's baby shower. It was on Saturday morning, but we ended up staying the whole weekend. We did some activities I rarely do such as play Bingo, sleep on an air mattress, and go bowling. (I found out that just because you're a "professional bowler" on Nintendo Wii, it does not mean your game improves in real life.)
Seeing family usually has an element of stress to it though. There's always something going on that can be hard or uncomfortable, and this weekend was no exception. It's difficult for me, at times, to live a few hours away from the majority of my family, but overall it's a blessing. I have to admit that I'm very glad to be out of the loop when it comes to drama, and the time I do get to spend with family is more quality, bonding time.
It's weird to see how being around your fam can bring out different aspects of your personality too. At work I'm a pleasant, people-pleaser. And with family I can let my hair down and be much more of a goof. I also tend to be opinionated with family which is different than my "work self". (Ah, self realization can be interesting...)
Also, Mark has a very small, drama-free immediate family. I still get a little nervous that he's going to get too overwhelmed spending hours and hours with such a drastically different, large group of people. I think it's a little shocking to his system. But, he survived and enjoyed himself, and he still plans to marry me. I guess it can't be that bad.
I suppose I'd better get to work. Happy Monday everyone!
