Sunday, April 29, 2007

Gotta love spring!




We spent yet another weekend out-of-town. I usually do my cleaning/laundry/etc on weekends, but since we've been gone so much lately the apartment looks like a bomb went off. I figured we'd better get back at a decent time today, so I could do some catching up. It'd be nice to have clean underwear to wear to work tomorrow (although my sister says I should "just buy more").
What beautiful weekend weather! Everything is turning green, the flowers are starting to bloom, and the birds are singing. It seems to put everyone in a better mood, and I love that. On Saturday my dad's side of the family gathered at my grandparents in Fergus Falls, and we grilled, chatted, and relaxed. Oh, how I miss that! Life seems to get busier and busier as I get older, and it's harder to find the time to gather like that. My grandpa and I had a nice chat, and I cherish every moment I have with him. He's been on Hospice for several months, and he says they've been really good to him. We talked about what we've been up to and how he's decided to continue to smoke in between oxygen; he feels this is the best for him rather than try to quit at this stage. He's a little quieter now dealing with his health changes and medications, but his eyes are still smiling. I know he's happy, like I am, to have the group get together. I think the spring sunshine helps us all.(I love you Grumps!)
Saturday night my mom, step-dad, and a group of us went out for dinner to pre-celebrate my looming birthday. Mark was in a giggly, weird mood for some reason; this might have been from a combination of sleep deprivation and sunburn. Whatever it was, I was rolling my eyes a lot as he said outrageous things that kept my family laughing... and teasing him back. Also, I have a new favorite drink at Applebee's: the White Peach Sangria. (Definitely check it out next time you're there!)
Mark is beside me playing golf from the comfort of the living room. We have a Nintendo Wii now. He may never leave the house.