Sunday, April 22, 2007

Please pass the syrup and the sunscreen

I didn't work on Friday, because I knew I'd be in on Saturday. I helped another site with their Annual Pancake Breakfast Open House. It turned out to be a really fun way to spend a Saturday morning. There were a few other volunteers, and the staff hired "Chris's Cakes" from Iowa. It really was a show to be seen; these pancake flippers are the Guinness Book of World Record holders for the fastest pancake flipping. And, they've been featured on The Food Network. They're basically a traveling pancake show, so if you're ever hosting an event keep them in mind.
Other than that, I've been trying to get little things done for the wedding as it's getting closer and closer. I wish I could afford a wedding planner sometimes, because it's so hard to keep track of all of the details and be creative with it. I've done pretty much all of my shopping online, and I highly recommend it. It's so much more convenient and has saved me a lot of time and money. I also bought a tanning package which I'm thinking will be the last time in my life I damage my skin like this. I don't want to be so pale for the wedding or burn on our honeymoon, yet I keep thinking about a co-worker's words... she's nearly 40 but looks like she's my age. Her skin looks great, and she said she attributes it to "wearing sunscreen every day since she was a teenager". She's my pale supporter.
Well, the laundry apparently doesn't do itself, so I'm off to enjoy my Sunday. Hope you're able to do the same!