Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Where are my marbles?





Weekends just whiz by lately, and before I know it it's already Monday. I went to Fargo to accomplish a To Do List that filled an entire notebook. Mark was out on a camping trip with some friends. He was with 3 guys, and he joked that they all shared a small tent. "One tent, four hearts" he told me. Total Brokeback moment.
Saturday morning I started with errands at 8am. At 11am, my mom, Heidi, and I arrived for my meeting at the Plains Art Museum, the place I'm having our beautiful wedding reception. I'd scheduled the appointment several weeks prior, but when we arrived no one knew what the heck I was talking about. "What? You're supposed to pick out linens? With who?". Then we heard, "Oh, she's not here right now", and the receptionist kind of giggled. (I wanted to snap her!) We wandered around and looked at decorations for a wedding happening later that evening, and I tried to chill out. Luckily, the caterer had remembered we were test-tasting punch, and he brought those out for us to sample. The punch is for kids though, and we were all wishing we'd had a flask in our purse to add a shot or two right about then... even though it wasn't even noon yet. Finally, the person we were waiting for arrived (I believe the receptionist called her at home). Awkward moments ensued...
My aunt (Mar) and sister (Gina) threw a bridal shower on Sunday. First, they had me open gifts that I was supposed to put on and wear. They were trying to make look like a freak. Or homeless. I think they were successful. Next was the gift opening. Every once in awhile I'm reminded of how animated my face is, and how I need to be more conscientious of this. I'd registered for gifts online (because I'm lazy), so I didn't see the items in person. Everything I opened took me a minute to figure out what it was (especially if it was cooking-related), and the pictures were proof of my every thought. You can tell I wasn't always immediately pleased with what I saw.
I need to work on my gift opening technique.